Friday, May 4, 2012

Anxiously Awaiting... (10 Days Away)

Though I don't go for my internship "orientation" until next Friday, I am getting more and more excited to start working at the Mayfield Group. I'm an old soul, so the idea of finally starting to work in my chosen career path is just too much excitement for me to handle. 

I'm required to submit a "final report" to receive the credit for my internship, and I hope to use this blog as a way to organize my experiences as I go (so I'm not frantically trying to write about it all the night before it's due).

Thus, in a nutshell, this blog will help me to create the following:
-a diary of internship activities
-an assessment of internship activities measured against the initial objectives I set for myself
-an analysis of the value of the internship in terms of the student's personal and career objectives
-examples of written or other materials produced during internship

I want to get as hands on as possible and spend as much time learning as I can. The other day a friend of mine tweeted and article about how to succeed at being a horrible intern and I took notes while reading so I don't make the same mistakes! Hopefully my employers will really view me as an asset to their team. But only time will tell, and I'm going to have to wait for the internship to start first!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, you will be an asset to any PR team. You're enthusiastic, articulate have a great way of seeing a situation and opportunity just as it is and a great way of expressing yourself - they will love you and hopefully rather like your auntie you will love working in Marketing. Be prepared for the boring jobs at the beginning though :)

    ReplyDelete